My Creative Outlet to Writing.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Poem: A letter to my Dearest Friend.

My Dearest Friend, please listen to me.
You will soon have to take the blankets off your bare body.
Revealing the scars that have overpowered your heart.
Although, your mind is heaving with this strange delusion, of this iron heart.
It is does not exist.
You say you are deatached from any sentiment of this thing they call love.
It is a lie.
Bruised from a past blunder, you surpress approaching affection.
Any emotion that fills your heart, you place in the dark.
My friend, you cannot postpone this any further.
I'm pleading to you, expose your old wounds.
Although you may be disfigured from your painful yesterday.
It has been too long.
I empathize for you, my love.
For he, has left you lacking the hope for the future, that used to be indwelling.
Please, learn to love again, for you are my dearest friend, and it anguishes me to see you wither away

0 comments: