My Creative Outlet to Writing.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poetry: Baritone Saxophone

The wooden floors of the quaint cafe tremble 

As the baritone saxophone is being delicately rendered 
We write in our times of distress 
But as the violin whispers in the ambience 
As the rain plunks onto the pavement 
And as the strange bald middle aged man, without a wrinkle on his forehead
Drops a needle on each key of his piano 
As I glance at the faces on the relatively unfamiliar people 
Whom I feel rather connected with to 
Not a word of hatred is on the tip of this ink stained page 
The chronic circumstances that I find intolerable 
The obnoxious couple in the corner being grotesquely in considerate of the world around them 
The rude elder gentleman, with the thick mustache going about ignorantly glaring at me 
The young women constantly gabbing, chattering away
Doesn't even seem to perplex me, 
The baritone saxophone 
The violin 
A drop of the needle on the keyboard 
The attractive mans deep soulful voice and vaguely identifiable sounds like an accordian 
Harmonize this  dim lighted room 
And motivate me to initiate a step into the brightly lighted room 
Across the poorly paved street. 

0 comments: